As a mom continuously on the search for exciting new recipes, with kids who are hungry every five minutes during the summer, I was pleased when I was scrolling through facebook for inspiration and saw a picture of something that even I would eat!
You guys already know the tradition here: Sundays are family days where we love to try something new for dinner and dessert! Summer time is no exception! What’s more traditional than chili dogs in the summer?
These were a hit with even my pickiest eater, so parents, please take note!
My husband had bought jalapeno cheddar sausage specifically for me (my taste buds thanked him) but I used regular Johnsonville brats for his and the kids’. The recipe that I saw said to use cheddar sticks and crescent rolls as well, but I decided to make this my own but using what I had – a can of jumbo biscuits and shredded cheddar.
The directions are very simple:
- Preheat oven to 375, and spray oven safe glass container with Pam or whichever cooking spray you prefer
- Empty the chili into a pot and heat on the stove. Once it’s heated, pour it into the glass container
- Unroll the dough and flatten each biscuit. Pour a hefty amount of shredded cheese along the middle, followed by a brat or sausage, and wrap the dough around. Pinch the dough together, and then place seam-down atop the chili. Do this for the rest of your brats.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the dough looks golden brown, then smear the stick of butter atop the biscuit (add parsley or garlic powder to the butter and melt it prior to this as an option)
- It’s ready to eat. Enjoy!
If you make this or switch things up, be sure to take a picture and tag me here or on instagram (you can follow me here!) I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with. Have a wonderful summer, folks!
Next up, I’ll have a variety of “bombs” to drop on y’all! Stay tuned!