As a mom continuously on the search for exciting new recipes, with kids who are hungry every five minutes during the summer, I was pleased when I was scrolling through facebook for inspiration and saw a picture of something that even I would eat!
You guys already know the tradition here: Sundays are family days where we love to try something new for dinner and dessert! Summer time is no exception! What’s more traditional than chili dogs in the summer?
These were a hit with even my pickiest eater, so parents, please take note!
My husband had bought jalapeno cheddar sausage specifically for me (my taste buds thanked him) but I used regular Johnsonville brats for his and the kids’. The recipe that I saw said to use cheddar sticks and crescent rolls as well, but I decided to make this my own but using what I had – a can of jumbo biscuits and shredded cheddar.
14 oz can of chili
1 can of jumbo biscuits (Pillsbury or the off-brand, we used Safeway’s brand)
8 Brats or sausages
Shredded cheese (we used cheddar, but make it your own)
The directions are very simple:
- Preheat oven to 375, and spray oven safe glass container with Pam or whichever cooking spray you prefer
- Empty the chili into a pot and heat on the stove. Once it’s heated, pour it into the glass container
- Unroll the dough and flatten each biscuit. Pour a hefty amount of shredded cheese along the middle, followed by a brat or sausage, and wrap the dough around. Pinch the dough together, and then place seam-down atop the chili. Do this for the rest of your brats.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the dough looks golden brown, then smear the stick of butter atop the biscuit (add parsley or garlic powder to the butter and melt it prior to this as an option)
- It’s ready to eat. Enjoy!
If you make this or switch things up, be sure to take a picture and tag me here or on instagram (you can follow me here!) I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with. Have a wonderful summer, folks!
Next up, I’ll have a variety of “bombs” to drop on y’all! Stay tuned!
Tis the season! It’s also the season of figuring out what to put in those stockings, and this is an easy, delicious snack that the kids will love finding (whether they’ve been naughty or nice).
This was so fun and easy to make, so parents gather around. You don’t need a whole lot, just a bit of butter, mini-marshmallows, chocolate rice crispies, and semi-sweet milk chocolate chips!
I’ve been trying to post more on my facebook page (which I’ll obviously be sharing this on) and managed to figure out how to do page stories! You guys already know how much I love doing instagram stories!The first thing you do is melt the butter, then add the mini marshmallows. The reason we do mini, is because A) they blend better and B) it’s easier to measure the minis since there’s less airspace. Look at those and I tested these a couple weeks ago with the boys. They INAHLED these! “Mommy, this is GOOD!” is something I heard a lot during this little trial, so trust me when I say, these are immediate winners!These don’t really need any garnish, but I wanted to give it a little something special so I added some gold luster! It’s not necessary but if you have some extra time, it gives it a bit of mining sparkle!
3 tbsp butter
3 cups mini marshmallows
3 cups cereal
*gold or silver luster
*a couple drops lemon or vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and combine the mini-marshmallows until dissolved and well blended
- Add in chocolate cereal and fold the cereal into the mixture until once again it is well blended (take a shot every time I say that… just kidding, don’t do that)
- Spread into a pan and let cool (I put it in the freezer with a plastic cover and left it for about an hour)
- After the coal is cooled, shape them into little balls
- Melt the chocolate chips and roll the balls into melted mixture before placing on a sheet and cool them in the freezer
- This part is optional: Use the luster and a couple drops of extract and brush it on the cooled chocolate coal to give it a fun little finish
I hope you guys have fun with this and have a great weekend!
In today’s video, I made an oh-so-delicious breakfast sandwich that was packed with protein and it was filling! So if you have an extra 15 minutes in the morning or whenever – because let’s be honest, breakfast food is acceptable at every meal – then go ahead and try this out!
Continue reading RECIPE: The Brunchwich
In addition to doing my youtube videos, I’ll be posting with a little more depth into my journey. So hold onto your pants guys, this should be very interesting and entertaining.
This past week has been a rough one. I lost a friend who apparently never had any interest in us even being friends in the first place and befriended me to try and screw up my relationship (not realizing how honest my significant other is with me… about everything, literally). I can delve into that a little bit deeper, but until I have a moment to organize my thoughts on that, I’m letting it sit and stew in the corner.
Continue reading Monday Check-In!