Tis the season! It’s also the season of figuring out what to put in those stockings, and this is an easy, delicious snack that the kids will love finding (whether they’ve been naughty or nice).
I’ve been trying to post more on my facebook page (which I’ll obviously be sharing this on) and managed to figure out how to do page stories! You guys already know how much I love doing instagram stories!The first thing you do is melt the butter, then add the mini marshmallows. The reason we do mini, is because A) they blend better and B) it’s easier to measure the minis since there’s less airspace. Look at those and I tested these a couple weeks ago with the boys. They INAHLED these! “Mommy, this is GOOD!” is something I heard a lot during this little trial, so trust me when I say, these are immediate winners!These don’t really need any garnish, but I wanted to give it a little something special so I added some gold luster! It’s not necessary but if you have some extra time, it gives it a bit of mining sparkle!
3 tbsp butter
3 cups mini marshmallows
3 cups cereal
*gold or silver luster
*a couple drops lemon or vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and combine the mini-marshmallows until dissolved and well blended
- Add in chocolate cereal and fold the cereal into the mixture until once again it is well blended (take a shot every time I say that… just kidding, don’t do that)
- Spread into a pan and let cool (I put it in the freezer with a plastic cover and left it for about an hour)
- After the coal is cooled, shape them into little balls
- Melt the chocolate chips and roll the balls into melted mixture before placing on a sheet and cool them in the freezer
- This part is optional: Use the luster and a couple drops of extract and brush it on the cooled chocolate coal to give it a fun little finish
I hope you guys have fun with this and have a great weekend!